Sunday, September 16, 2007

SEVEN



This is the 3rd or 4th time I have photographed Ann and Carl and their growing family. I first met them at Ann's sister's wedding, where (if I remember correctly) she was pregnant for the first time. I photographed their first child soon after, then with his triplet siblings (a couple times), and now with their latest sweet little girl. I have always had trouble shooting my 5 kids together, but I think it is hardest working with your own children. It is really a whole different story shooting someone else's kids. It is fun to watch them play and get tons of fun shots. Of course it is always a challenge to get 5 kids under the age of 8 to be agreeable at the same time...but the real challenge is making sure the parents are looking good. Since I took sooooo many pictures, I am less than 1/4 through these shots, and there are a number of good ones! I am sure I got a bunch more within the 400 or so I still need to go through.

3 comments:

Dalissa 365 said...

Wow... they look good for having five kids and I am curious to know if there are any pictures where they are all sitting down or something.... seems like it might be impossible for five kids under 8 but then again you are so right about shooting kids that aren't your own... other people's kids are always so much more agreeable. I like the action shots and how nice for them that their last baby is a girl.

Lynette said...

Jeff,

Love the backlighting here. It's perfect. The shadows that form from each person really makes it that much more interesting.

Sandie said...

That top shot is perfect! The lighting, the composition, the expressions are all beautiful. That is a piece of art for over the fireplace!