Thursday, September 6, 2007

FIRST THURSDAY

Drafting Room - Springhouse, PA

It was my turn to find a local place to hold our monthly get together. It was just my friend Greg and I this time. Stan had to go to back to school night. He missed out on a great place. I did a local search for "beer places", and came up with the place we have gone the past few times it was my turn, and this one(as well as a place called Crabby Larry's, which never looks open). There was an impossibly long beer list, and some very tasty meals. I had a shrimp and crab fettuccine, with a really tasty sauce. I sampled a number of creative beverages, including a "Dead Guy", and a "Dirty Ho". Ordering beer from a place like this reminds me of the first few years of shopping for photographic equipment. You can't just go into a professional photo store not knowing what you are talking about, unless you are prepared to be looked down upon. I have been made to feel completely without knowledge shopping for a camera or lens. It is like an exclusive club that you are not really accepted into until you have been looked down upon for years. I thankfully now can talk my way through any camera store, and sometimes know more than the salesperson. Ordering beer is a different story. Luckily Greg knows his beer like I know cameras, so I just say "I'll have what he's having".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, you know I would be extremely jealous of beer night out if it didn't take so long to get too your place. But for a place called 'Crabby Larry's' it might be worth the trip.
Later, Brian