Monday, September 10, 2007

$5000 SMILE


A trip to the orthodontist today revealed the expected bottom line. One of the joys of being self employed is paying large amounts of money towards health insurance. There have been times that we have had dental plans, but never one that paid anything towards braces. This is our third round of braces with two kids (Eli had two sets). Three more to go after this.... Maybe one of my kids has my teeth, I never had to have braces. Ironically, my parents had insurance that paid for it in full!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to my world. I just paid my last installment on the third child and now we can start on number four. First one cost $7K. The next two were about $4K a piece. We can only afford one at a time. So each one has started later. Caitrin will probably be 25 before we get around to doing her teeth. :)

Anyway, great photo and I commiserate about self employed Health Insurance. May make me vote Democrat this time.

Anonymous said...

Can I just adopt your kids....
I still have the insurance.......
mom

Lynette said...

We're in the middle of braces and self insured, also. Love this picture - he'll be glad to see his "before" when they are nice and straight.