Wednesday, April 11, 2007

LAST AWANA

Tonight was the last regular Awana night of the year. I don't think we are going to continue it next year. There is a lot of change of leadership going on in the church in general, but Awana specifically is loosing a number of people who have helped out for years. I hope something else comes about for these kids...especially the younger kids. They really look forward to it, and enjoy it. The older kids (the boys especially) needed something a little more active and interactive anyway, Boys Jonahs age were feeling like they kind of have "outgrown" the program. They enjoy the Grand Prix, and the sleepover, but the weekly get together was just not up their alley. I guess this is my time to really get involved, or not. I would like to be part of setting up some kind of program that includes frequent camping trips or something.Hmmm.
As you can see from these pictures, the girls really get into the singing part of the night (Chaya in particular).......The boys, on the other hand....not so much.

3 comments:

LauraLiz said...

The contrast of these pictures is hilarious! My first smile of the morning.....

SUSAN said...

Awanas...I remember when my kids really loved it(especially the physical activities part) and when they outgrew it. They lost interest around 5th grade.

Good pics!

Susan

iammykidsmama said...

LOL NICE!
He really does enjoy it though. Well, perhaps the friends part more than the actual "AWANA".