Tuesday, April 21, 2009

MORE....



I am getting more and more obsessed with Photoshop lately. I realize many of the images I have been posting here are overworked. I tend to do this when I am teaching myself new techniques. Not that there's anything wrong with that, right? I think I love photography because there is always a new angle, or a new technique to add to your arsenal. I find new things in Photoshop every day, and I have been using it since 1992! My current obsession is with textures and contrasts. I want to work the images to bring out every detail possible. My preference has been to do this without the aid of plug ins that do this automatically. I want to learn as many of the nuances of the program possible... why, I don't know. I guess I am just a geek, but I enjoy my geeky-ness.

3 comments:

Sandie said...

lol, I have been 'pimping' out my pictures too as I am learning more and more about photoshop... it is a lot of fun, very arty and creative too. :)

Quinn Dougherty said...

thumbs up...

Unknown said...

yeah, i totally feel you on the overprocessing. i do that too when i am learning new stuff.

i did not realize that you were still posting to this blog. somehow, you slipped of my radar (reader). off to fix that.