Monday, October 27, 2008

CANOPY


So... Mike called me this afternoon and said can you see the sky from where you are. I was, of course in my "cave" (my office). I could not see anything. Since I had been working all day, I figured I would take a break and check it out. I went to Peace Valley Park, and the sky proved to be quite exceptional. I did not do it justice here, but I wanted to post something. I did a hand held HDR attempt, and tried to manually process it in photoshop. I am ready for bed, so I will post what I have. Note to self...carry tripod at all times, and purchase an HDR processing program.

4 comments:

Zach Larmer said...

i'd suggest photomatix.

if you use the tonemapping tool in a very specific way, you can then import it into photoshop, and again, if you are very purposeful and specific, you can get some amazing results.

that is the way all photos are processed at joshdouglassmith.com

Imas said...

Beautiful sky, good angle. Color is a little bit "dark". What time was it when you took it? Looks like it's gonna rain :-) anyway, you made it looks like a painting...beautiful...

G

Jeff Reeder said...

It was a little after 6, and it was raining by the time I left.

Dirkus said...

Killer shot!