Monday, August 27, 2007

A LADY F0R DINNER


Sorry for the repetition in my posting. 0utside of shooting weddings, I find myself wearing a well beaten path between the inside of my house, and my studio(especially with my wife and half of my children gone for about a week now). Basically I keep walking through this spiders web as I walk out the door. Instead of getting the web and whatever is trapped in it in my hair as I had for a few days, I just started watching the actions of the spider, and of course photographing it as I did with the sunflowers, which are just a few feet away. It is another learning experience to find different ways to photograph the same thing day after day, and it is actually become quite interesting (oh what a life I have). If this continues, maybe I will start shooting the inside of my studio habitat (which until today, has not really been cleaned in a year).....well, hopefully you will be spared that experience!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another day.... another web........
such determination..

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about if other people "get" your work. While I know that they have to find it appealing for financial reasons, you have to figure they find it aesthtically (?) speaking or they wouldn't hire you, right? I think you're an amazing photographer, the best I've ever seen possiblly, and you know that's coming from the heart and not because I need to kiss up to you or some other phoney reason, but because I really believe in you and what you do. I've never seen anyone so gifted at catching moments and how you see beauty in every little thing, even the spider weaving it's nest. Most people, even supposed "good photographers" just waltz right by. I'm very proud that you're in my family and I'm not just saying that.
Luv,
Michele